20 January 2007

Lost

Do you ever get the feeling that you are completely lost, like you shouldn't be going where you are, you shouldn't be where you are, and shouldn't have gone where you did? I am stuck in a place where I feel like I must make what the world tells me is the most important decision in my life, but what I feel should not be important at all. I am currently in the process of changing majors from engineering to graphic arts. I keep asking myself why... it is not because engineering is hard for me; in fact I like a challenge. It seems like a ridiculous decision. I could graduate and be making a whole lot of money, and get a job easily. Instead I am going to work mindlessly to get a job, and then not get a lot of money. But in the long run I feel like I will love art where as I did not even know what I wanted to do in engineering. So I believe that even though my decision seems ridiculous, it is actually well founded. However, changing majors has not proven to be any amount of easy yet. I keep asking myself if this is what I really want. I know it is, but I keep trying to rationalize to the outcome of continuing engineering. I am so stressed that I find myself being angered easily and seldom happy. I know that God is here for me whatever I choose. I know that I should not be stressed at all, but I just am. I know I am but it is not changing despite my efforts and I hate it. Sometimes I just wish life could just fall in to place for me.

3 comments:

Kara said...

Hey, when I changed majors I had the same feelings, but I couldn't be happier with my decision now. If I remember right you had it in the back of your mind from the beginning that you would rather be doing graphic arts, so don't stress about it. Once you get going I think you'll feel relieved, and you might find yourself having more fun with it too. Congratulations on making a decision so fast. It will make life much easier since you changed your mind after only one semester instead of three like me.

Kara said...

You need to post again and give me an update.

Sherry said...

any ideas for the summer??? or shall we give you an idea??? starts with G and ends with an N and the second word starts with a B and ends with an L....