"Love is watching someone die"
There is this saying that “If you love someone, set them free. If they come back they're yours”. Recently, I have been listening to Death Cab for Cutie and I came across a song that I had listened to many times before but had never taken the time to really listen to the lyrics.
This song is a story about a dying man who is waiting in the hospital with his closest friends and family. He counts each breath he takes and pretends to ration his breath in order to save them. As he waits to die and say goodbye, the people in the room stare at the floor and wait for the nurse to deliver the bad news. The man’s lasts thoughts are of the person closest to him that he would rather give her up than never have loved her.
If true love is letting someone go and them coming back to you, what does it mean to let the person you love go forever?
"So who's going to watch you die?"

No comments:
Post a Comment